No Bake Chocolate Truffles
For the truffles:
- 2 cups pitted dates, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
For the chocolate coating:
- 5 ounces dark chocolate (70% cacao content or higher) cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1) Place dates in a small bowl. Pour 1 cup boiling water over them and let stand until cool, about 30 minutes. Put the dates and liquid to the food processor and blend. Add coconut oil, almond butter, vanilla; puree until smooth, scraping down the sides once or twice. Add coconut flour and cocoa and process scraping the sides occasionally until a thick dough-like paste forms. Refrigerate about 2-3 hours.
2) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Using one tablespoon per truffle, roll the mixture into 40 balls. Place the chocolate and coconut oil into a heat-safe bowl and pour boiling water over it. Stir gently with a spatula until the chocolate is smooth. Place shredded coconut into a separate shallow dish.
3) Use a fork to dip each ball into the melted chocolate a couple of times until well coated. Let the excess chocolate drip off and transfer the truffle to the coconut. Roll to coat and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining balls.
4) Transfer the baking sheet to the refrigerator and chill until the chocolate is set; 1-2 hours.